Skiing in the Zillertal
1 ski pass - 4 ski areas!
One valley, countless skiing possibilities. In the Zillertal, there is a total of 180 state-of-the-art ski lifts and cable cars, 542 km of slopes in blue, red, and black, and around 80 refreshment opportunities as well as Austria's only year-round ski area, the Gletscherwelt 3000. And the best thing: with the Zillertal Superskipass, you can use all 4 ski areas with only 1 card.
Everything skiers could possibly desire!
Variety will never be lacking on your ski vacation in the Zillertal. The Kaltenbach ski area is located particularly close. It is only a few minutes' drive from Hotel Pinzger. With the free ski bus, you can reach the valley station in Kaltenbach in no time at all. The exceptional high-altitude location at 2500 m guarantees perfect snow conditions until into spring. Experienced ski instructors in the region are available to help - for beginners, children, and advanced learners as well as freeriders in search of the best deep snow hot spots. On-site ski rental possible.
Hochzillertal-Hochfügen ski area
This ski area is located only 3 minutes by car from our hotel. With the free ski bus, you can reach the valley station in Kaltenbach in no time at all. The exceptional high-altitude location from 600 to 2500 m guarantees a long winter season. You will find the best prepared slopes and pristine deep snow slopes ideal for carving and gliding in the Hochzillertal-Hochfügen ski area as well as challenging mogul slopes for experts.
- Opening times: daily from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Total length of slopes: 90.7 km
- Blue slopes: 29.7 km
- Red slopes: 41.3 km
- Black slopes: 14.6 km
- 8 km floodlit valley run equipped with snow machines in Kaltenbach
- 7.5 km valley run equipped with snow machines in Aschau
- 19 tow lifts, 11 chair lifts, 6 gondolas
- Special lift for children
- Large beginner's ski area
- 2x weekly night skiing
- 17 ski huts and mountain restaurants
- Large parking facility right at the valley station in Kaltenbach
Zillertal Arena ski area
With 147 km of the best prepared slopes in all difficulty levels and 52 lifts, the Zillertal Arena is one of Austria's largest and most modern ski areas. In Zell, Gerlos (Tyrol), Königsleiten/Wald, and Krimml/Hochkrimml (Salzburg), you are at an elevation of 2,500 m. With around 31 huts, snow bars, and restaurants as well as the ski schools with their own colorful fairytale areas for little skier and a high-altitude cross-country ski trail at an elevation of 1,600 m, the Zillertal Arena is considered a 7th heaven for all winter sports enthusiasts in the Alps.
Park shredders will find a freestyle paradise in the middle of 147 km of slopes. The snow park in Gerlos, the Kreuzwiese action park, and the Hochkrimmel fun park offer obstacles to suit every taste whether beginner or professional.
Info & facts
- Opening times of the lifts: daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Total length of slopes: 147 km
- 11 skiing and snowboarding schools
- Höhenfresser Tour: one of Austria's longest valley runs
- Arena Champions: SkiMovies, speed checks, and photo points
- 50 % discount for children, 20 % for teens
- Arena Coaster: tobogganing fun at the valley station in Zell am Ziller
- 2 fun parks with 1 halfpipe and 1 boardercross
- 31 ski huts and mountain restaurants